Thursday, March 14, 2013

Smart Money

Well now that you've made it through getting your taxes done yet again, it's time to start planning for next year!  I know, not exactly what you want to hear or even think about but if you get ahead of the game now you won't have to do that last minute scramble next April.

The biggest thing is to get organized and stay organized!  I've found that a simple file system works best for me.  All I have is regular manila file folders labeled for each category of my life:
1. Real Estate Investing
2. Realtor

3. Rental Property
4. Personal
Then every time we have a receipt, write a check, pay an invoice, etc I put a copy of it in the file.  Pretty easy right?  Then once an month I go through each file and scan them into our Neat Receipt program (www.neat.com).  Then when it comes time for our appointment with our CPA it only takes me 5 minutes to run the report that organizes all the receipts into their appropriate category, print it out, and off we go!



No comments:

Post a Comment